Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I'm Starting to Get It!

Day 7, Sunday, July 12, 2015

Oddly enough, i didn't exercise today, but I do believe I'm feeling the effects of last week's workouts. This is the first day I've felt energetic from the moment I woke up. I say that carefully. The term "energetic" is relative, and I'm talking about energetic in my world. That means I can get ready for church without having to sit down and rest! It means I have energy to fix dinner and clean it up. It means I didn't have to take a nap today. Mike even commented on my energy level. When we went to pick up my grandma in the nursing home, I pushed her wheel chair at a jog going down the hall. That's a first for me!

I'm starting to understand what exercise is going to do for me, and why I need it. At first, I thought the doctor meant it might work as a substitute for medication, but I'm beginning to see it differently now. I think it's a more of a long-term thing -- that it will give me energy overall, and help my muscles remember what they're supposed to be doing. This 2-week "taste" of what exercise can do for me is just a teaser. I'm going to have to figure out how to make it work when I go back to work. This truly is going to be an issue to work through -- I'm not sure exercise and my work can co-exist in my life. My work isn't the type of job that you can reserve energy and save it for later.... it's kind of all or none, and I'm afraid it's going to be none. When I leave for the day, I generally leave it all on the table when I walk out, and there's barely enough energy to get myself home. I am not sure how I can find the energy to go to the Tuesday class at 4:00, after working all day. I think the Lord is going to have to work this out for me. He's made so many other aspects of this journey so clear to me, so I trust He will do it again now.

Tired again... time for bed.

No comments: