Monday, February 19, 2018

Hello, It's Me

Another one from the archives that I never published. This is from September, 2017.

Hello, It's Me. That reminds me of a song from my teen years (Todd Rundgren, 1972; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeCB7Kn-VE). How time flies. I had a whole life ahead of me back then!

Anyway, somehow, for some unknown reason, I stopped writing. Not because I had nothing to say and not because I was too busy. I don't know why, but I stopped.

What I do know is that I need to write. I need it almost as much as I need to breathe. It unclutters my mind and lets me categorize events in life. It helps me express emotions I might not have confronted otherwise. It makes me pull out of myself and see things clearly and with objectivity. It fills me up and empties me out at the same time. I need to write.

I last blogged in May, almost 4 months ago and I'm mentally reaching back to remember what has happened in that length of time. We've had 2 hurricanes, affecting dozens of people I know and love; my husband and I celebrated 26 wonderful years of marriage together; 2 of my oldest friends passed away too young; we attended 2 family reunions; our adult nephew moved in with us; my doTERRA business has grown; I met and trained a lovely young woman who is a new loan officer at work; and we're transitioning to a new-to-us car.

Life is still hard, but God is still good.

I'm happy to be writing again.


No comments: