Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Current Parkinson's Protocol

Today at work, I was talking with a co-worker who has 2 uncles and a grandfather with Parkinson's. I was telling her some of the things I have found helpful in my own daily life, and she made a good suggestion. She said, "Why don't you compile a list of things that work for you? Something you could hand out to other people?"

Well, here's my list. I can't hand it out, but I can give someone my blog address. And maybe it will help bring clarity for me to see everything in writing in one place.

Here we go:

  • Mirapex ER 2.25 mg, once daily A.M., standard PD drug (pharmaceutical)
  • Serenegen, one each A.M./one at lunch; calms system and help tremors (herbal supplement by Medigenics)
  • Protandim, one A.M.; waiting to see results (herbal supplement from the Life Wellness Center)
  • Vitamins by DoTerra, one packet daily helps my symptoms (essential oils company)
  • Organo coffee, one cup daily; medicinal properties in ganaderma mushroom concentrate help PD (supplement from the Life Wellness Center)
  • Coconut oil; 2-4 tablespoons daily; proven to help general PD symptoms; take in a warm apple toddy (1 cup apple juice, 1/2 tsp butter, 1 T coconut oil, warmed to desired temperature), in a protein shake, or in cooking
  • CoQ10 is helpful for Parkinson's but I get it in other supplements, namely the vitamin packet
  • Exercise twice weekly at The Climb, a local class for Parkinson's patients
  • Jump rope 1-3 minutes daily; the rebounding of jump rope or trampoline are shown to help PD
There's a lot of money in that list! I'd guess about $300 per month...it costs a lot to have health issues.

I have some other leads I am also pursuing, so I may revisit this list, edit and modify it at some later date.

I don't know if this helps anyone else, but it sure did help me to write it down! Thanks for the idea, Melissa!





No comments: