Thursday, October 22, 2015

Some New Treatment Options

So... here we go! Back to my blog basics; i.e., specifically, what new things I'm looking into that might help in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

First of all, I have come across a new supplement, as well as a new coffee, that could bring some promising results.

The supplement is Protandim, and my first exposure to it was with Yolanda at the Life Wellness Center. She muscle-tested me, then sent some home for me to try. I had never heard of it before, but strangely enough, I recently saw it on an essential oils forum on Facebook, then happened across it again online. One of the ingredients is milk thistle, an herb known to help Parkinson's Disease. I am just beginning to take it regularly, and am still trying to figure out the best time of day to take it, since I believe it has some kind of stimulant in it.  Everything I see and read says it should be helpful, and I'm hopeful. I'm anxious to track results over the next month, and I'll try to post my opinion on its efficacy as I gather more information.

The next thing I'm excited about is a new coffee that contains ganoderma mushrooms, which are proven to help Parkinson's Disease. In spite of the mushrooms, it tastes exactly like a straight-up cup of good dark coffee. It is called Organo coffee, and is caffeinated, which typically has not been a good thing for me. As a rule, I try to stay away from caffeine, because it makes my tremors worse. Oddly enough, this coffee seems to help my tremors, and it tastes great too! Historically, I have loved caffeine and a great cup of coffee, so this makes me one happy girl! Again, I'm starting a once-a-day regimen, and hope to report back with good results.

Lastly, I've found a blog by a man who has treated his Parkinson's Disease with diet changes, and has experienced great success. I have only just found his blog, and haven't had time to read it fully or to digest its contents (no pun intended!), but I am excited to see if it might work for me, too! The blog is  by Glen Pettibone, and I invite anyone reading this to help me wade through its contents, decipher, and apply the concepts. In other words, I need help! The address for the blog is below (I think!), or just google Glen Pettibone:

https://plus.google.com/102506762717836459255/posts

Glen also wrote an ebook called Powerful Food & a Walk in the Sun. I'd like to get this book, but again, this is such a new-found resource that I haven't yet had the opportunity to purchase it.

Obviously, I would want to get any dietary changes approved through Yolanda, since she's been driving that piece of my healthcare since July. I think she would be excited with anything I found that showed promise.

So, prayer partners, this is next up on my list, and I welcome input and help from all of you!

And...if you're reading this blog for the first time, or if you have Parkinson's Disease, please use any of these resources you think might help you, and feel free to share with me any other resources you have!


No comments: