Sunday, August 9, 2015

Short-Take....on Eating

So, I didn't do so well this weekend.

I'm on a very specific diet intended to reduce acid in body, to enable lymph fluid to flow more freely and blockages to be opened. I'm finally getting it -- how to reduce sodium, what creates acid, and the value of being mindful about what goes in your mouth.

These days the taste of salt in my food jumps out at me, and is even unpleasant (sometimes). I don't crave sugar any more; I don't even miss it. I do still miss potatoes, pasta, pizza, and potato chips. Something to do with foods that start with the letter "p" I guess!

Most of my cheats over the weekend, therefore, have been eating too much of allowed foods...is that a better kind of cheat? I don't know. I'm sure Yolanda will help me with that at my appointment later this week!

The really big cheat happened today, and I wish I could take it back. My 97-year-old grandmother comes over every Sunday, and I always make dessert because she has a sweet tooth that won't quit. She would miss it if I didn't. So, today I made a tiny dessert, not planning for me or my husband, who's on my diet with me, to eat any. I made a microwave cake in a mug -- easy, fast, and small. When it came out, it was too much for my grandma, so I divided the extra amount between my husband and me, which wasn't very much.

I ate it. It was okay. Wish I hadn't. Could've lived without it.

I started thinking, maybe it would've tasted better with ice cream, but that didn't really sound all that good, either. Then I realized something. I just don't care for sugar any more, and that's a good thing!

Small victories, hard won. Still a victory, though!

No comments: