Saturday, January 14, 2017

Gray Day

I wrote this right after my husband lost his job. I'm happy to say my world isn't gray anymore. But if yours is, sometimes it's helpful to know someone understands.

There will be an end to the gray. Color will return if you let it. Don't worry if you feel like you're falling. At the bottom of the gray, there's a safety net to catch you, and crayons to color your way to the top again.


GRAY DAY

Gray day
All alone day
What will I do day
What will happen to me?

Gray day
I'm really not alone day
I'm one-half of two today
But neither of us knows what we will do.

Gray day
I'm afraid day
I can't trust today
Ahead of me, it's black.

Gray day
I'm angry day
It's not supposed to be this way today
Why did you let this happen to us?

Gray day
I don't understand day
Can something good come today?
Does every cloud really have a silver lining?

Gray day
Mayday
Help today
I'm falling.


No comments: