Monday, April 3, 2017

It's No Wonder...

It's no wonder I'm exhausted and spent! I don't know if it's because I have PD, or because I'm a female, or because I'm in my mid-fifties but I emotionally exhaust myself almost every day!

Today for example:  to begin with, I didn't sleep well -- pain woke me up throughout the night. As the morning began, I found myself fighting congestion and asthma, which lingered until nearly lunch time. I'd love to tell you that was the reason for all my ill behavior today, but I honestly don't think it was.

For no apparent reason, I found myself wound a little too tightly this morning and snapped at my husband--I wish I could say it was only once, but it wasn't! A little later I felt the waterworks beginning and fought back tears, again for absolutely no good reason (I kind of think I just didn't want to go to work). When I finally got there, however, something clicked and I started kicking butt like a wild woman working myself silly. Three hours into that mode, and I crashed; I got so sleepy I couldn't function. Meantime, I heard from my manager that there seems to be some question on my commission pay for the month of March, so I'm crouched and ready to pounce, steam rolling out of my ears if the answer comes back that they aren't going to pay me as agreed. And now? Well, now I'm home for lunch. I have my Superwoman cape on again and I'm cranking out productivity by the truck-load.

I think I have successfully run the entire spectrum of emotional ups and downs in one-half of one day, and I am exhausted. It's only 3:00 and I have to go back to work somehow!

There's no particular point to this post, and certainly no lesson to be learned, except I wish I could level out and take life in stride.

Oh well, I guess there's always tomorrow.

If I survive until then!

No comments: